Supporting Independence Programme
The Supporting Independence Programme is a Northamptonshire Public Health service, delivered free of charge across the county. We provide tailored support to members of the community, (aged 18 & over) in several areas of their life which may be impacting their every-day independence & wellbeing.
With up to 12 weeks of one-to-one support within the community, our dedicated Wellbeing Advisors are committed to improving client's health and wellbeing, helping them to achieve a better quality of life. We carry out numerous in-house interventions, and have excellent working partnerships with organisations and services across the county, to ensure the most appropriate support is put in place.
Examples of support include:
- Opportunities to meet with your Advisor to 'Walk and Talk' with the aim of increasing physical activity and socialisation.
- Support to access social opportunities within your local community to reduce isolation, including volunteering and clubs, groups and events to suit your hobbies and interests.
- Identification, intervention and support for low-level mental health and emotional difficulties.
- Identification, support and referral as appropriate to support daily life including housing support and money advice.
- Advice, information and support on managing the long-term effects of COVID-19.
- Advice, information and support on lifestyle issues such as nutrition, weight management, smoking and alcohol use.
- Identification of other issues such as blood pressure or use of multiple medicines and referral where appropriate including to memory clinics, continence services or community pharmacies.
Individuals can self-refer or make a referral on someone else's behalf and can do this by completing our short eligibility assessment via the link below. A member of our administration team will endeavour to contact clients within two working days to arrange an initial appointment.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact the administration team on SIPInfo.NCC@northnorthants.gov.uk or call us on 01604 361533.
Posted: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:36 by Susan Halkett