In addition to Parish Council meeting dates, it would be great to use this calendar for ALL VILLAGE EVENTS. We just need you to tell us about your event so it can be included on the calendar - so do get in touch or use the 'Add Item' button to share the details. Thanks. We cannot accept any responsibilities for external information provided nor any web-links.
Parish Council meeting
Tue, 01 Sep 2020 19:00
Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:00
Full show has been cancelled due to the Covid-19. The committee are running a virtual show. Rules and classes below:
A few of our usual rules will need to be adapted to make this work:
1. By the very nature of being virtual, not all of our usual classes will be possible so we have streamlined, please see the list below
2. As this is for fun we have also decided that judging this year will be by the people's choice. That means that YOU will be able to vote for your favourites as well as enter.
3. Anyone can enter and everyone who 'likes' the page, can vote (one vote per class)
4. No more than two entries per person, per class please but enter as many classes as you like!
5. Entries will be by submitting photos to the Committee by 29th August. These can be either by private message on the Facebook page, by email or putting through the letterbox of the Committee members, details over the page. All entries will then be uploaded anonymously to the Facebook page by 1st September for everyone to start voting on their favourites! Judging will be completed on Saturday12th September with the winners being announced at 6pm on the same day.
6. Rosettes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the children's categories and 1st only for adult categories (Please note that Cups will not be presented this year).
7. Winners with their entries will be posted in the next newsletter to ensure that people who don't use social media can still enjoy seeing people's work.
8. Obviously we are working on the basis that this is for fun and that, as usual, everyone will be submitting their own work/produce.
Children's (7 years and under)
1. A model monster using any materials
2. A finger or hand-print picture
Children's (8 - 10 years)
4. A painting or drawing—theme Beautiful Weedon
5. A poem or short story of no more than 20 lines
Children's (11-14 years)
6. A model using any materials (this could be clay, cardboard etc)
7. A painting or drawing—theme Beautiful Weedon
8. Any item of needlework (this could be knitting, sewing etc)
Children of all ages
9. 6 cup cakes decorated as you like
10. Funniest misshapen vegetable 11. Any item of craftwork
12. A limerick - to include the word - isolate 13. A painting or drawing – portraiture
14. A painting or drawing – landscape 15. A painting or drawing – misc
16. Photography – People 17. Photography – Animals
18. Photography – Weedon Village Scene
19. Photography – Best photograph representing lockdown
20. A cut flower arrangement
21. A hanging basket/planter from your garden
22. A decorated cake or cakes
Contact details to get your photographic entries in by the 29th August, to:
Sue Halkett: (firstname.lastname@example.org) -16 St Marys Way
Zoe O'Toole: (email@example.com) - 46 Fusilier Way
Andi Raymond: (firstname.lastname@example.org) - 2 Equestrian Way
John Wilshire: (email@example.com) - Hillcroft, New Street.
Or PM Weedon Bec Village Show 2020, via Messenger.
- Village Hall
- Sue Halkett 01327 341057
Planning Committee meeting
Thu, 17 Sep 2020 19:30
Planning Committee meeting. Members of the public and press are invited to attend. This meeting will only go ahead if there are planning issues to discuss. Please check the agenda.
- Village Hall Annexe